Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Lambug Escapade Before 2017

Finally had the time to chillax right before another year of working ass off and finding true love. Haha. 

Lambug Beach is not difficult to get to unlike what it used to be and what the lady at the terminal told  us. I think because of its long shoreline and white sand, it has attracted more tourists as time passes by. 

We had a 1 night 2 days stay at Lambug Beach. We were lucky that when we got there, there werent a lot of people, thus, less problem on looking for tent space. I really thought space for tent was for free but when we got there, there were signages everywhere stating that there is fee for tent space. 

Because we arrived at the place at high noon, we couldnt take walking long under the heat of the sun while looking for an empty space for our tent, when we saw a shady area with cottages and some trees to shield us from the sun's heat, we decided to stay there. The owner's name was Kuya Eloy and he was very accommodating and kind enough to let us haggle for a cheaper price for the tent space rent. The area was perhaps 20 meters from the entrance of the beach. 

       
Tent Space 200 after peaceful haggling lol
Our humble stay that withstood the rain at night time! Haha

The beach is great for family and Barkada bonding as there are ample rooms and cottages for rent and I believe their price are not that high. The long shoreline also makes the place great for team buildings and games for kids and adults who are kids at heart. Electricity and CR seem not to be a problem at Lambug since they are readily available however, like at the place we stayed at, there is fee for every appointment in the CR. lol.

There are also Sari-Sari Stores at the entrance and stores at homestays. In the evening, meal is not a problem since there is a Barbecue place at a certain homestay. I just forgot the name tho. All I remember is that it is right next to Grandeur Resort. Or you can be adventurous and prepare own meal if you have the right cooking equipment with you. I believe that would be more fun and exciting! 

Sunset at Lambug Beach

Official Hashtag of my life for 2017! Hahaha




How to get there:

1. Ride Ceres Bus at South Bus Terminal. Bus you should take is Barili via Bato. Travel time around 4 hours. Fare as of writing is 125 PHP.
2. Drop off at Banhigan or you can tell Kuya Conductor to drop you off at Drop off point to Lambug Beach. 
Restaurant upon entering road to the beach. This is the drop off point. Right Side of the Bus if you are from the City.
3. From there, you may ride a motorcycle or a tricycle to Lambug. Fare is around 20-25 PHP. Be careful because others might charge a bit higher especially if they sense that you are firstimers in the area. Sad.

The irony of our stay in Lambug is that we didnt swim in the beach because my friend and I honestly did not like swimming because the water wasnt clear and the reason was because the sand on some parts of the beach was kind of a mud type? not a pro at sands but that is how I saw it when it was low tide the following day.







Overall, despite not being able to enjoy the water itself, I still enjoyed our stay at Lambug Beach because it was peaceful, chit chatting at night time with waves as music background was soothing and the cottage owner, Eloy and his wife were both accommodating. Kuya Eloy even went out in the middle of the night and helped us transfer our tent inside the cottage because it rained. They also let us charge our phones and did not let us pay for that service. I think that was really kind of them.

I believe it is still a worth the second visit. I will probably bring more friends with me and some cooking paraphernalia too to make my next camp more legit. Haha.. Also, I hope next time, the water would be clearer. Hehe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment